Ribbon SBC SWe Lite on AWS Helps Accelerate Organizations' Move to Cloud Communications
Ribbon's SBC SWe Lite is a virtualized solution designed to provide interworking and security for hosted unified communications (UC) with powerful centralized management via Ribbon's
"As businesses increasingly move their communications to the cloud, they are recognizing that it also makes sense to connect to their communications service provider's cloud in as secure and cost-efficient a manner as possible," said
Scarfo added, "Many of our competitors' solutions are still hardware-centric, limiting their public cloud offerings. Ribbon SBCs are extremely efficient when deployed in the cloud, allowing for a smaller footprint and significantly reducing the cost of cloud resources. Moreover, with a powerful centralized management tool like EdgeView, we make it possible to deploy and manage thousands, or even tens of thousands, of instances."
The Ribbon SBC SWe Lite supports remote installation and feature activation via a simple license key. It can be deployed and updated without the need for on-site technicians or disruption to operations during peak business hours. Ribbon enterprise SBCs (eSBCs) also support Microsoft Media Optimization making them more efficient at connecting multi-site environments. Unlike many competitive solutions, Ribbon eSBCs also support SILK & OPUS transcoding, enabling the delivery of the highest possible audio quality.
- Ribbon's industry-leading SBC SWe Lite is now available for deployment on AWS, extending Ribbon's already comprehensive portfolio of communications and security solutions available in the public cloud.
- The SBC SWe Lite offers numerous benefits including comprehensive enterprise voice network security, execution within low-cost general-purpose Amazon EC2 instances, reliability, and quick installations in support of popular
Unified Communicationsas a Service (UCaaS) offerings, such as Microsoft® 365 Teams deployments.
- The SBC SWe Lite can be managed and monitored centrally via Ribbon's
EdgeView Service Control Center(SCC) offering zero-touch provisioning.
- The SBC SWe Lite operating expense-based (Monthly Recurring Charge or MRC) licensing model is available to avoid costly upfront capital expenditures.
- Ribbon enterprise SBCs support Direct Routing Local Media Optimization while simultaneously supporting SILK high-fidelity voice processing to enable the delivery of the high-quality audio and an optimized user experience.
- The SBC SWe Lite is available in the
Microsoft Azure Marketplacewith a Quick Launch Wizard that significantly reduces the time to deploy an SBC in support of Direct Routing.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. The actual results of
+1 (212) 871-3927
+1 (214) 695-2224
+1 (646) 741-1974
+1 (708) 212-6922
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ribbon-sbc-swe-lite-on-aws-helps-accelerate-organizations-move-to-cloud-communications-301135383.html