Ribbon Expands SBC Solutions Portfolio to Deliver Enhanced Support for both Public and Private Cloud Environments
Ribbon's public cloud support on Amazon Web Services (AWS) includes its Session Border Controller Software Edition (SBC SWe) and Policy and Routing (PSX) application. The Ribbon SBC SWe is also now fully integrated with Amazon Web Services' Cloudwatch service, offering complete visibility and monitoring of SBC application resource utilization. The company's public cloud investments also include integration with open source software toolkits from industry leaders such as
For customers who want to retain control and deployment of their core network functions, Ribbon's comprehensive suite of virtual network functions (VNFs), which include the SBC SWe, PSX, Element Management System (EMS) and Virtual Network Function Manager (VNFM), offer seamless integration via a single solution and a simple path to transition to a private cloud environment. The Ribbon VNFM, which has already been deployed by a tier-one operator, also delivers advanced lifecycle management via open APIs to ensure elastic scalability and the ability to dramatically reduce the cost of monitoring, scaling and upgrading VNFs.
"Our customers are increasingly moving their network functions to the cloud, whether it is to gain efficiencies of scale, to be more agile in their ability to deliver services faster to their customers, or to improve their offerings," said
Riley added, "We already have active customers leveraging our technology on AWS."
Ribbon's SBC solution for Public Cloud support includes:
- SBC SWe on AWS to deliver deployment flexibility, high availability, redundancy and OPEX savings.
- SBC SWe using
Amazon'sGraphical Processing Unit (GPU) instances for enhanced media processing performance.
- SBC SWe natively integrated with AWS' CloudWatch service for enhanced public cloud monitoring and resource utilization.
- PSX on AWS to deliver comprehensive and intelligent session management.
- Advanced support for open source software toolkits such as Red Hat Ansible and Terraform to optimize provisioning, configuration management and application deployment.
Ribbon's SBC solution for Private Cloud (Network Functions Virtualization or NFV) support includes:
- Distributed SBC SWe, PSX and EMS support for OpenStack and non-OpenStack-based software environments such as
- Distributed and advanced media processing with NVidia GPU technology.
- Ribbon VNF Manager offering dramatically reduced monitoring, scaling and VNF upgrade costs.
- Key membership in the
Linux Foundationand participation in various open source projects including OPNFV, ONAP and OpenDaylight.
- Multiple VNF solutions including the SBC, PSX, Element Management System (EMS) and VNF Manager, which have been certified on
Red Hat'sOpenStack Platform 13.
- Proven integration with third party orchestrators to facilitate VNF lifecycle automation on a large scale.
- Ribbon Protect, the fully virtualized analytics platform, which utilizes a Kubernetes and container based micro-services architecture.
- Ribbon has enhanced its cloud native session border controller solution portfolio to deliver advanced support for both public and private cloud environments.
- Ribbon's market-leading Session Border Controller Software Edition (SBC SWe) now delivers increased agility and lower operational costs on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Ribbon currently has customers in production leveraging its technology on AWS.
- Ribbon's public cloud portfolio includes advanced support for leading open source software toolkits such as Red Hat Ansible and Terraform.
- The Ribbon VNF Manager, which has already been deployed by a tier-one operator, offers an integrated solution for advanced lifecycle management of Ribbon's SBC, PSX, and EMS VNFs.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding delivering value to customers. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with
+1 (978) 614-8841
+1 (214) 695-2224
+1 (646) 741-1974
+1 (708) 383-3387
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ribbon-expands-sbc-solutions-portfolio-to-deliver-enhanced-support-for-both-public-and-private-cloud-environments-300764006.html