Ribbon Drives Continued Progress in Latest Sustainability Report
Highlights achievements in social and environmental impact, governance and ethical conduct
"We view sustainability as a cross-functional effort, aimed at making us a better, more resilient company that is easy for stakeholders to engage with," said
Ribbon reported on its previously introduced "Three by Thirty" strategic targets:
- Reduce direct carbon emissions (Scope 1 and 2 CO2e) by 30% vs base year of 2018 by 2030
- 16% reduction achieved in direct carbon emissions in 2022 vs. 2018, more than halfway to our target
- Increase women in management to 30% of all management roles by 2025
- Women held 17% of management roles in 2022
- Achieve 30% of Tier One suppliers audited with 0 non-conformances against Ribbon's Supplier Audit Protocol by 2025
- 35% of our Tier One suppliers, have been identified and selected based on extensive engagement across the supply chain, and a third party company has been selected for supplier auditing
Additional highlights for 2022 include:
- Renewable electricity use was multiplied by 6 year over year, and now accounts for 11% of Ribbon's total electricity consumption. The company has already converted its entire Bengaluru operation to hydro-generated electricity and will repeat this process in other locations.
- Our new XDR routers deliver an 80% improvement in power consumption in Gigabit per second capacity compared to earlier models. helping to reduce the environmental impact of data transmission.
- Ribbon has also received a number of accolades including ranking 6th among software and telecommunications companies in Newsweek's Most Responsible Companies 2023. Our 2022 Silver Sustainability Rating from
EcoVadisplaces us in the top 16% of our peer companies in the Information and Communications Technology sector.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release, including those regarding the expected benefits from use of Ribbon Communication's products, are forward-looking statements. The actual results of
+1 (978) 614-8050
+1 (646) 741-1974
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ribbon-drives-continued-progress-in-latest-sustainability-report-301906440.html