Ribbon Session Border Controller 5000 Series Approved as Part of Microsoft Skype for Business JITC Certified Solution
The SBC 5000 series works seamlessly with Microsoft Skype for Business to provide the DoD with secure, simplified and standardized real-time SIP-based multimedia sessions – including Voice over IP (VoIP) and video – for a true unified communications (UC) experience. The majority of Ribbon's software and appliance-based SBCs are available on the DISA APL and already certified for Direct Routing for Microsoft Teams and
"Adding our SBC 5000 series as part of the Microsoft Skype for Business JITC certified solution further solidifies Ribbon as a trusted and proven partner for delivering the secure and interoperable communications technology that the
"The addition of the Ribbon SBC 5000 series to
In addition to SBCs, Ribbon is continuing to advance its Application Server (AS) platform for DoD deployments. The Ribbon AS platform release 12.1 completed JITC certification and is now available on the DISA APL. Ribbon's latest certified AS release enables the DoD to significantly reduce operational costs and assure communications investment protection by having a choice of SIP or Assured Services SIP (AS-SIP) endpoints (the DoD Information System Network's standard signaling protocol which provides end-to-end Assured Services) and carrier-class session control through open IP-based technology. The Ribbon AS 12.1 JITC certification includes support for Poly's latest line of VVX phones including the VVX 150, 250, 350 and 450 desktop voice clients, providing the DoD with more options for open SIP endpoints.
"The Application Server certification allows end-users to maximize the security and interoperability of the Poly VVX phone series," said
These latest solutions add to the growing list of Ribbon solutions already available on the APL including the SBC Software Edition (SWe), SBC 7000, SBC 5110, SBC 5210, Voice Exchange 900 (VX 900), G5 Media Gateway and the Application Server (as both anEnterprise and Local Session Controller).
- Ribbon's SBC 5000 series has achieved JITC certification as part of the Microsoft Skype for Business solution.
- The SBC 5000 series was previously certified by the U.S. DoD as a standalone solution and available on the DISA Approved Products List.
- The majority of Ribbon's software and appliance-based SBCs are also certified for Direct Routing for Microsoft Teams and
Skypefor Business outside of DoD deployments.
- The Ribbon Application Server 12.1 release has also achieved JITC certification.
- Ribbon has a longstanding history with deploying carrier-grade solutions in the DoD communications network. The DoD has leveraged Ribbon's carrier-class Application Server for one of the largest VoIP deployments (50,000-plus seats) in the agency's history.
- Ribbon already has multiple solutions available on the APL including the SBC Software Edition (SWe), SBC 7000, SBC 5110, SBC 5210, Voice Exchange 900 (VX 900), G5 Media Gateway and the Application Server (as both anEnterprise and Local Session Controller).
Poly, the propeller design, and the Poly logo are trademarks of
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties, including statement regarding delivering value to customers. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. The actual results of
+1 (212) 871-3927
+1 (214) 695-2224
+1 (646) 741-1974
+1 (708) 383-3387
Poly Media Relations
+1 (831) 201-9142
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ribbon-session-border-controller-5000-series-approved-as-part-of-microsoft-skype-for-business-jitc-certified-solution-300882260.html